RV Tire Maintenance
When it comes to your recreational vehicle, one of the most important components that you need to make sure stays up to speed are the tires. Without tires your RV loses its vehicle element, turning it into simply a glorified stationary trailer, and that's something we're sure that you and your family doesn't want to happen.
Here at Phillips RV Sales, a leading IL RV dealer, we've been proudly outfitting all of our shoppers with the very best in recreational vehicle tires for years now. With a number of different brands and styles available at our dealership, we're confident that if you're in the market for new tires for your RV, we've got just what you're looking for here at Bradley Bourbonnais.
Unless you and your family are constantly on the road in your RV, chances are you recreational vehicle is going to spend some time in storage between trips. If that's the case, you're going to want to follow these tips for ensuring that your tires last for as long as possible while they're not being used:
- Keep the vehicle in a cool, dry storage area out of direct sunlight or UV rays.
- Place the vehicle on blocks to remove the weight from the tires. If the vehicle can't be put on blocks, make sure the storage surface is firm, clean, well-drained and reasonably level.
- Unload the vehicle so that minimum weight is on the tires.
- Inflate tires to the recommended operation pressure plus 25%, but don't exceed the rim manufacturer's inflation capacity.
- Thoroughly clean the tires with soap and water before storing them.
- Move the vehicle at least every three months to help prevent ozone cracking and flat-spotting, but avoid moving it during extremely cold weather.
Whether you're looking to buy, looking to service, or just need some solid advice, we here at Phillip's RV Sales are eager to help. If you have any questions about recreational vehicle tires, please feel free to give us a ring at 815-933-2251.